We hope this letter finds you in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are staying up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, to ensure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Our front office staff will be available to assist you in scheduling appointments starting on Monday, May 18 at 10 am. If we are unable to answer your call immediately, feel free to leave a message and we will return your call by the end of the day. We will begin treating patients on Tuesday, May 26th.
We made many changes to help protect our patients as well as our staff:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand and on the day of your appointment to ask some screening questions. We will also be performing a no-touch temperature check on our patients and their accompanying caretaker prior to entry into the office.
- All patients and their accompanying caretaker will be required to wear a mask to enter our office and must not take it off until instructed to do so. All dental staff will wear masks at all times.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s markers and chalk, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Patients will still be able to choose a prize from our no-touch toy “box”!
- We are adding plexiglass sneeze guards to our front desk area, HEPA air filters throughout the office, and additional cleaning measures throughout the day.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Also we will do our best to minimize the number of patients in the office at any time.
- We kindly ask that the patient goes to the treatment area independently, or for younger children, only one adult accompanies the patient. Siblings not scheduled for treatment should not attend the appointment.
- If you are a new patient, please print out forms from our website and complete them prior to the appointment. If you need to complete any forms in the office, we will happily give you a complimentary single-person pen.
Offering teledentistry visits:
We will continue to offer teledentistry consults for those who are not comfortable or unable to come in to the office. If you are unsure as to what type of appointment you should make, please reach out to us and we can further guide you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Sincerely, Drs. Jessie Schwarz, Ellen Stone, Elana Norman, and Alice Kim-Bundy